I so enjoyed my amateur economic geography yesterday that I’ve made an another tribute map.
If you click on the “Population” tab on the aforementioned map from The Economist you can see the US states transformed into the equivalent nation by population (I’m feeling more exotic now as my 2011 US journeying will take me to Cameroon and Senegal).
- It’s a joy to be living in Copenhagen again, although I’m stunned by the traffic (especially the paucity of bicycles) and lack of decent smørrebrød
- The NSW Labor Party would love the electoral might of Emomali Rhamon
- WA is no doubt relieved it has held off on adopting the Euro
- Tasmania has under-utilised its first-mover advantage with legal casinos
- Both our non-states (i.e. the Northern and Australian Capital Territories) have tax-haven status
- …and I know a lot less about Queensland and South Australia than I thought